Automated lockers or intelligent lockers are built with futuristic technology. Their upgraded internal systems and robust exteriors provide layers of security, making it near impossible for a third party to invade your assets.
Technology-driven parcel lockers are configured such that empty compartments are identified and randomly assigned to customers who have access using their unique one-time passwords. Such streamlined and automated package storage systems reduce the need for human intervention every step of the way.
While choosing this advanced feature for your logistics business, keep the below mentioned five considerations in mind:
Your parcel locker must be equipped with touch screen kiosks, barcode scanners, software compatible to your website, and convenient card swipe payment gateway. Such a sophisticated operating system enables you to monitor the functioning of this high-end locker via backend remote access.
The provision of multiple security layers protects your parcel lockers from being robbed or vandalized. These features include round the clock centralized surveillance to record all movement, unique passcodes, login access to authorized personnel, and durable steel locker doors.
Conform to Specifications
Some specifications are mandatory to serve the very purpose of an automated parcel locker. Provisions for the touch screen, card reader, keypad, and barcode scanner are generally there in the central console. Robust corrosion-resistant steel helps to construct the sturdy cabinets, while the uninterrupted power supply is an essential prerequisite for the functioning of the entire mechanism.
Provided Number of Lockers
Depending on your volume of business, you can invest in either a 14 door automated parcel locker or one that comprises of 34 doors to cater for bulk deliveries. Even 16, 18, and 32 door lockers are available to cover individual business requirements.
An entire unit must have individual storage parcel lockers of equal depth, width, and height. Proportionate cabinets work best so that each parcel they contain is handled uniformly.
It is worthwhile for logistics companies to invest in automated parcel lockers for the following reasons:
- Ensures high on-time deliveries owing to these systems placed at convenient collection points
- Reduces logistical costs as special delivery trips to different locations are not warranted
- Widens your reach to many more customers, even those whose specific locations are otherwise hard to access
- Makes it easier to handle a sudden surge in the volume of parcels as a bulk movement in one go is feasible
- Betters overall customer experiences as the clients are not inconvenienced in any way neither by incessant calls nor by prolonged delays
- Deliveries are not restricted to business hours as parcels can be received any hour of the day, year-round
- Facilitates storage, transportation, and distribution of packages that are much heavier and bigger than the usual mailbox variety
- No fear of breach of security for which your company can be held responsible by the client
- Instances of damage to the stored articles are practically fewer as the packages are safe from external destructive forces
- Results in higher business efficiency
Embrace these digitally operated parcel lockers to compete in a level playing logistics field.