HomeLingerie brand Clovia...

Lingerie brand Clovia raises ₹70 crores from AT Capital


Noida-based lingerie brand Clovia has raised ₹70 crores ($10 million) in a fresh funding round from Singapore-based private equity firm AT Capital. The startup will use the freshly raised capital to expand its business across India and enhance its product line by introducing new product categories.

Founded by Neha Kant and Pankaj Vermani in 2013, the startup is profitable and growing at a rapid pace. Clovia clocks 75 per cent of its revenues from its website and the remaining 25 per cent comes from its physical offline stores which it launched two years ago. The lingerie startup is planning to introduce products like teen bras, athletic leisure, sanitary pads and maternity wear.

Singapore-based AT Capital manages ₹17,500 crores ($2.5 billion) in assets with a presence in more than 10 countries. Clovia earlier raised ₹28 crores ($4 million) from Singularity in April 2017. Prior to that, it raised ₹32.9 crores ($4.7 million) from IvyCap Ventures in June 2015. The company has raised ₹130.9 crores ($18.7 million) in 4 funding rounds since its inception.

Clovia competes with Zivame in the lingerie segment. Bengaluru-based Zivame has raised ₹343 crores ($49 million) in total funding from investors like Zodius Capital, IDG Ventures, Kalaari Capital, Unilazer Ventures, Chiratae Ventures and Khazanah Nasional since its inception in 2011.

The retail industry in India is estimated to be worth ₹45.5 lakh crores ($650 billion), according to E&Y. However, the organized retail industry contributes only ₹4.55 lakh crores ($65 billion) and that includes e-commerce business. Using its e-commerce and omnichannel business model, Clovia is penetrating smaller towns to capture the ₹2,100 crores ($300 million) market in these towns.

Continue reading

How to Read NFL Odds

A game in the NFL has two possible outcomes. The first result has been posted on the scoreboard: which team has triumphed and which side has suffered a loss? The second tally is done by bettors: whether the team...

How to Bet on the NFL

Football is one of the most popular sports in North America, and its popularity, particularly in the NFL, is at an all-time high. People all over the world analyze data, matchups, NFL stats, and patterns to obtain an advantage...

First Person Live Gaming – The Evolution of Real-Time Gambling in India

Indian players have been enjoying the benefits of playing live dealer games for many years now. Every player that has experienced this revolutionary innovation in online gambling would testify that it is beautiful. Nothing beats getting to enjoy a...

Submit details about your funding and get published for FREE

Get an online story about your startup and reach millions of readers